Andreas

What is your age?:

Where do you live?:
Bergen, Norway

Is this a raider, or a social application?:
Both.

About your main character

Name:
Chobber, all of my 12 alts derive from that name somehow :)

Main spec:
Healer

Offspec:
Tank

Your history

Play history (guild, realms, etc.):
This is going to be a long story - I have been part of Arathor since the conception of World of Warcraft, with 2 xpacs where I lived on Deathwing.

First some history on my classes:

My very first character was my mage, Choe. I've mained her throughout vanilla, and parts of some other xpacs. When TBC hit, I created my priest Chob, whom I have mained for most of my WoW career, as a healer. Some xpacs as Holy, some xpacs as Disc. I grew tired of her a while ago though, especially the squishiness and lack of mobility has finally gotten to me. Hence creating a monk, where healing is so much more fun due to more survivability & mobility.

I could really go on forever, but lets stop with my full list of characters + their main spec will tell you enough about experience & how long I've played this game:

Chob (priest healer) 110
Choe (mage frost) 110
Chobber (monk healer) 110
Choeb (druid tank) 110
Choebie (paladin tank) 110
Chobbie (warrior tank) 110
Choebi (death knight tank) 110
Chobster (shaman healer) 110
Chobbeh (rogue dps) 110
Chobhunter (demon hunter tank) 110
Chobbo (warlock dps) 106
Choebert (hunter dps) 22

I have also all professions, and most of them maxed. I like being self sufficient.

Guild history

When it comes to guild history, the list isn't that long as I've been part of the same guilds for a long time, I'm not a guild hopper at all and I'm looking for a new real fun place to stay for a long time. Note that the years get blurry, so I'll do it by xpac, and I will leave out any guilds that were temporary / not important.

Vanilla: Steel Phoenix - first real guild I was part of. Ended up raid leading vanilla with these guys. There's even a video up on youtube of me leading together with another an Onyxia raid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5I4-YheqQ (warning, pixels can be counted)
TBC: Mystical Odour at first, then Natures Wrath later, hardcore raided this entire xpac. Killed Illidan with MO and cleared sunwell with NW. I still remember those horror months wiping on M'uru.
WotlK: Dark Guard - Met my (now) wife ingame, and we found RL friends playing on Deathwing. We migrated there and stayed there until MoP.
Cataclysm: Dark Guard still. Very comparable to MO raiding quality / social wise.
MoP: Dark Guard halfway through fell apart. Ended up migrating back to Arathor (and all my alts, ouch that was expensive).
WoD: Rejoined MO again due to having some old friends here from the "old days".
Legion: Mystical Odour still. Raided with them up until Tomb opening up where RL had to take my attention for a bunch of months. When I returned, the guild sadly completely collapsed (unexpectedly). It is now pretty much dead, hence me applying here. They're not raiding, but no one is even doing any content at all and I'm missing playing with people (pugs just aren't it for me).

Reasons for leaving previous guilds:
Honestly I've always followed friends - I've never really had any big reason to leave a guild (like drama, or lack of progress or anything). The times I've left it's usually because the guild simply isn't active anymore.

Current guild, Mystical Odour, sadly fell apart over the last 6 months and all my friends and good peoples have either migrated or moved on to other guilds. I chose Tre Lowen (I'm not applying anywhere else) because it most resembles Mystical Odour in social "feel", and I'd really like to meet more new people.

Computer stuff

Do you have an authenticator? Have you ever gotten hacked?:
Yes - and no, never got hacked. I'm a tech lead at a software company so I understand security.

Please list the most relevant information about your computer (think CPU, RAM, GFX Card, etc).:
Ehm, I don't remember the specs off hand but I built th pc myself (as I have all 6 pc's in our house), and I dumped a 1080 card in it for VR performance (I own a vive).

Raiding, gear and spec (only needed for raider applications)

Previous WoW raid experience (please list your experience, and the character(s) you experienced it on):
I have completed every raid in every expansion, I'd say about 3 out of 4 while it was still "current" content.

Right now, I haven't done heroic antorus yet. I've only returned to the game when Allied Races was announced, and I've leveled a void elf monk which I am now officially maining for the rest of this xpac + the next expansion.

Please post a screenshot of your UI, preferably during a raid. You can use a website like www.imageshack.us to upload one and copy/paste the link here.:
I run ElvUI, I'm sure you've seen this and do not need confirmation. Let me know if you do.

Please post a link to any sort of World of Logs, wow-meter, etc, report that we can judge your performance from.:
I don't have any recent ones as I only recently "returned"

Please explain your choice of talents.:
I love healing and have 13 years of healing experience. My talent choice completely depends on whether I am doing mythic+ or raiding, I always pick the optimal one based on the encounter.

Tell us some more about your offspec in terms of gear and experience.:
Offspec on monk, not that much experience nor gear yet. I intend to fully explore both dps and tank specs the rest of this expansion to ultimately decide whether it will be tank or healer I'm maining in BfA (leaning towards healing atm).

What rotation/priority list are you using, and why?:
Usual monk priority list, pretty close to how icy veins describes it. I'm a sucker for performance & I am very competitive so I always make sure to read up and experiment to get the best throughput.

Do you have any alts that may help us get more insight in your raiding experience? If so, list them here and elaborate, please.:
See my previous post listing all my alts. I've _seriously_ (so not Lfr) raided (in order of experience) on:

Priest
Mage
Druid
Warrior

And now Monk, but only done some normal & lfr antorus.

Cleared Mythic emerald, and got to about 10/11 mythic nighthold, then had to take a long break from wow due to work pressure until Allied Races were announced where I had time again and decided to return & ride it out until start of BFA.

Our raiding nights are Wednesday and Sunday 20:15 - 23:30 server time. Will you be able to attend on these days?:
Yes

Are there any periods of time in the upcoming future that you can see affecting your capability of meeting the required sign ups we expect of our core raiders?:
Yes

We use Discord to communicate with each other during raids, do you have any issue with also using this software to listen and/or speak during raiding times?:
Nope.

Do you have a mic? And are you able to vocally communicate on Discord during raid time?:
I have a mic. I have lead raids a lot, I usually always end up in that role for some reason. Since I became a father 6 years ago I've been a bit less active on voice due to not wanting to wake the kids up with my heavy voice during the evenings, but I still do use the mic here and there. I always listen.

Which addons do you use specifically for raiding, and why?:
ElvUI covers the basic needs, in addition to that I use whatever guilds require of me, and of course the mandatory Skada + DBM.

Are you a clicker (do you use the mouse to activate your spells, or the keyboard)?:
No - keyboard all the way.

Final questions

Why do you want to join Tre Lowen, and why should we accept you?:
Hmm - your recruitment message appealed to me, and you have a steady history. That is what I'm really looking for, a steady guild to make friends & enjoy WoW with. I won't lie, I saw on the front page a forum thread about real life guild meets - I have joined several of those myself (with my wife) and they were always a blast. It's a sign of a healthy guild that these are being planned.

The raiding progress / history is secondary to this. I first and foremost look to play with fun people, and Tre Lowen seems to really give off a vibe of a fun, social guild.

What are your in-game goals except character-development?:
Honestly, enjoying the game. Meeting new people. And I'm an alt-a-holic / profession-a-holic, my goal is to at some point have all classes at max (not that far off tbh Happy )

Are there any members in Tre Lowen that you already know?:
No, I do not think so.

Any additional comments that you would like to add:
I'd like to note that I'm not officially applying for a raider position. I am initially just really looking for a fun social guild to do current content with such as m+ runs, normal/hc raids etc. If there's the occasional fun alt raid or non-progression raids I will 100% be joining those for sure. That said, I'm not "against" raiding current content either, but I am now maining my Monk and she's simply not raiding ready yet.

I'm extremely flexible, and have changed mains for guilds before based on need. This is something I will also consider for BfA, as I will definitely go back to raiding then if the opportunity is there for me. As you can see in my list of characters, I can pretty much play whatever is needed.

So in a nutshell, I'm applying for social, but am up for raiding if I can catch up on gear over the next few weeks (am frantically running m+ / normal raids atm).

Confirm that you understand and agree to everything:
Well I understand, not sure if I'll agree to _everything_ though :P but yes, the usual ToS which I can't find right now, I'll of course agree to.

*Integro*
Guild Master

re: APPROVED - App: Chobber - by *Integro*

Welcome Andreas, whisper someone for a guild invite! :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tre lowen Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: